Just a little part of His Grand Story.

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Lord, Let Me Never Marry

Lord, let me never marry if it would be merely an idol.
Let me never marry if I would draw my husband away from You and serve only as a distraction.
Let me never marry if I would rely solely on his faith instead of walking with You intimately.
Let me never marry if we would be self-oriented instead of other-oriented.
Let me never marry if I would focus more on the temporal than the eternal.
Let me never marry if I just eye the blessing instead of worshipping the God who gave me the blessing.
Let me never marry if I can bring You more glory single. “For the unmarried woman cares about the things of the Lord, that she may be holy both in body and spirit. But she who is married cares about the things of the world – how she may please her husband.”

But,
If marriage would be a sanctification process,
If we would learn to reflect the relationship between Christ and the church,
If we’d encourage one other in our walks with the Lord,
And together grow more hungry for Your Word,
If we’d laugh, love, and be quick to forgive
Then one day, married let me live.
Though let me not hurriedly long for next season,
But know that right now has a glorious reason.
Don’t let me too quick question timing or man,
But lean on You with everything that I am.
And trust in Your choosing for this I confess,
I don’t want to love him if it means loving You less.
If married, may we remain faithful and true
To marriage, but most of all, faithful to You.
So whatever this means to my life or to his
Let us lean on your strength, oh Lord always go with.
Delight me in You and delight You in me,
Let me know You and honour and glorify Thee.

No comments:

Post a Comment